I really don't get too much into video games anymore but NHL 12 might be the best game that has been put out in a while. Personally, I am not a fan of the world is going to end games, or the games where all you do is go around killing people. I prefer sports games where the impossible is able to happen. NHL 12 might be the best sports game since NHL 96 ever made. The reasons you need to buy it.
1. Just added this year, goalies can get into fights. How can you not love that? Seriously, fighting in hockey is awesome but when you add the goalie, it just puts it on another level.
2. If you check someone really hard into the glass it will break. How cool is this? Nothing like seeing the glass shatter on the ice and the poor people in the first row.
3. If you are the away team and injure a player from the home team, the home town fans will specifically boo the player that injured their hero. How great is this? It shows the passion that hockey fans have that most other sports do not.
4. The teams have all sorts of alternative jerseys. Meaning you could play the Winnipeg Jets vs. the Phoenix Coyotes in the same jersey! They have Black Hawks jerseys from the 1940s. They have the Whalers jerseys for the Carolina Hurricanes, it really cannot get any better.
5. In line with actual rules in the NHL if you hit someone from behind you can be given a 5 minute major and a game misconduct. You player then is shown leaving the ice, if you are lucky enough, he will be pissed enough about it and hit the camera.
6. The graphics are insane. Like it was in HDTV you can see the reflection of ads, the scoreboard on the ice, so cool, and a little blinding haha.
That's pretty much all that I can think of right now, but I assure you the game is sweet. It is probably the closest game to the actual sport that I have ever seen. So stop reading this right now and go out and buy it. Its a dam shame that for this blog, EA sports isn't paying me for Seasons in the Sun to pump up their game.